Hart Jackson & Sons Solicitors
Created: March 2021
Last Reviewed: N/A
Next Review: March 2022
Hart Jackson Solicitors recognises that the environment is vitally important to our business and our clients. We recognise our responsibility to manage our environmental impacts carefully. We are committed to reducing our environmental impact and continually improving our environmental performance as an integral part of our business strategy and operating methods, with regular review points. We will encourage our customers and suppliers to do the same.
We endeavour to:
- Incorporate environmental considerations into our business decisions
- Continually improve and monitor our own environmental performance.
- Promote environmental awareness among our clients and suppliers.
- We will continue to seek ways of reducing the amount of energy used in our office.
- Lights and electrical equipment will be switched off when not in use.
- We will continue to explore the feasibility of generating our own renewable electricity and low carbon heat.
- We will reduce the need to travel, including through promoting the use of travel alternatives such as video/phone conferencing.
- We will seek to utilise more sustainable modes of transport for all necessary staff and business travel.
- We will work with our staff to apply the waste hierarchy in our operations – Reduce, Re-use, Recycle.
4. Company administration
- We will prioritise environmental considerations in our key business decisions.
- We will promote our commitment to environmental responsibility to all of our customers and suppliers.
Our Environmental Management System
We have developed an Environmental Action Plan to ensure we meet the requirements of this policy. The Environmental Action Plan, together with this policy, comprises our Environmental Management System (EMS). Our EMS is independently certified by Green Small Business. Our certification is maintained through an annual audit carried out independently by Green Small Business.
We will update this policy at least annually.